Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Minneapolis, MN…
- The major story backstage at this week's show was the condition of Daniel Bryan. He's not medically cleared and the fact a timetable for his return is not available has the company scrambling heading into the summer months. I have not heard anything positive about Bryan's health since he had surgery last month. Everyone knows this is a serious situation and the majority knew he wouldn't be ready to compete at Money in the Bank. WWE stalled a decision on the title because of the effort that was put into building Bryan, however, far too many people know the cautionary tale of Edge and the ramifications of him rushing back. As we've noted, numerous top WWE stars have told Bryan to focus on his health above all else.
- As we noted before the show, the company is preparing to be without Bryan until SummerSlam (essentially meaning the entire summer), with Brock Lesnar possibly being brought back early to help offset the loss.
- Making matters worse on the injury front, John Cena is clearly banged up and refuses to take any time off. While Cena is known for being a company workhorse that's literally addicted to the business, him being banged up on top of a serious injury to Bryan, certainly has the attention of the company brass.
- The undercard for Money in the Bank will be setup sooner than later as WWE doesn't want the show to be a "one match pony" with all the top names in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship ladder match.
- We do not have details as of press time as to why Randy Orton was not at Raw. In storyline, he was on vacation and his "career qualified him" for the title match at Money in the Bank.