Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Memphis…
- Dean Ambrose landed awkwardly on his leg during his match with Daniel Bryan and was seen limping around backstage.
- Big E Langston's stock got a huge bump for his work on this week's show. We're told "the powers that be" see the "it" factor in him that is lacking in many of the other big names. It's no secret that Vince McMahon is high up on Langston but he gained even more support Monday night.
- There is a plan in place to put Vince McMahon back on television as the "reason" why Big Show has been around lately. However, there is not a plan of where they go after that is introduced.
- We heard there are eventual plans for Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H and it could happen sooner than anyone thinks. While this might surprise some people, we're told it could happen as early as Survivor Series, however, will likely go on after that.
- There was a lot of chatter backstage about Triple H name-dropping Chris Jericho, Edge and Rob Van Dam in his promo. I spoke with someone who expressed how none of the three were willing to "sign their life" away to be under contract with the company (Jericho & RVD have obviously been able to work out favorable part-time deals). One observer noted how Edge was a bigger part of growing WWE than Hunter was from his promos to in-ring work. While obviously Hunter was following a script, this rubbed a lot of the boys the wrong way.
- CM Punk has been meeting with the writing team and Vince McMahon about his next program. He's enjoyed his work with Paul Heyman but is eagerly awaiting what's next.
- Bray Wyatt was walking much better this week than he was last week and no one I spoke with saw him on crutches. We're told the plan is after Wyatt "destroys" The Miz that Kane is scheduled to return and avenge his destruction.