Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in NOLA…
- Vince McMahon scripted Roman Reigns’ rebuttal to Big Show. I know the narrative being pumped out and what some readers may think but I honestly believe this is a “vision” Vince has for Reigns. I could be wrong but I just don’t see him intentionally sabotaging a talent.
- Cesaro banged up his elbow but is said to be fine. The tag team with Tyson Kidd is just a case of two of the best in-ring workers in the company with nothing else to do.
- Vince McMahon and Triple H are trying to decide on when to break up The Miz and Damien Sandow. The thinking is they can stretch it out until something at Wrestlemania 31 but they’re scheduled to face The Usos for the WWE Tag Team Championship at Royal Rumble.
- Speaking of Vince and Hunter, it’s two different opinions regarding The Ascension. Vince is reportedly ready to move on, while Hunter thinks they need more time. The problem is the crowd isn’t buying them, yet WWE continues to book them the same way. It isn’t working, at least not yet.
- It looks like Randy Orton is not returning until closer to Royal Rumble, if not on the pay-per-view itself.
- Vince McMahon is said to be “completely sold” on Daniel Bryan and was “shocked” that he’s been able to maintain his strong babyface crowd reactions, even after missing so much time. While one observer noted he might not be considered the face of the company, Vince remains impressed.
- There was no notable update regarding Brock Lesnar’s contract coming out of this week’s Monday Night Raw.