Backstage news and notes from Monday Night Raw in Richmond…
- If you're looking for the long-term plans for Daniel Bryan aligning with The Wyatt Family, you aren't going to find them. We're told it was a rushed program with no out so the decision was made to have Bryan join the Family. One observer pointed to the lack of logic in Bryan saying that he can't beat "the machine" no matter what he does because The Wyatt Family has nothing to do with "the machine" (with "the machine" being The Authority).
- Speaking of The Wyatt Family, Luke Harper was praised backstage for his match with Bryan.
- Vince McMahon was still hopeful in doing Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXX as of this week's television tapings.
- The original plan was for Brock Lesnar to return by taking out Big Show but it was changed to the angle that aired with Mark Henry. No idea why the change but it was done prior to Sunday's Smackdown taping as the Raw angle was revealed the night before it happened.
- We're being told the preliminary plan is for Brock Lesnar to work Royal Rumble.
- One of the top feuds for Wrestlemania XXX is currently scheduled to be between Vince McMahon and Triple H for "control of WWE." This should be starting soon as we near Wrestlemania season.