Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Richmond…
- Jack Swagger received rave reviews for how he got over as a babyface. While Swagger has been a topic of contention due to in-ring blunders and his infamous marijuana arrest last year, he was once seen as a guy being groomed for stardom. What's interesting is that Rusev was originally scheduled to make quick work of Swagger at WWE Battleground, however, there's now talk of extending the program.
- Both Alberto Del Rio and Rob Van Dam took some heat backstage for the amount of blown spots and general sloppiness in their match.
- The main event received a lot of criticism, primarily due to making Roman Reigns and John Cena look weak when Dean Ambrose was taken out earlier in the night. The feeling was the main should have been Reigns & Cena vs. Kane & Randy Orton in the first place.
- WWE is now selling Sting merchandise so an agreement has clearly been reached in that regard.
- The Summer Rae/Layla alliance was in large part because they didn't have anything for Summer Rae after breaking her away from Fandango and with her on Total Divas, creative wanted to utilize her.
- For those that found it odd that WWE promoted the CM Punk special on the WWE Network, we're told it's Vince McMahon's way of making sure that fans remember him and showing Punk the company hasn't forgotten about him either.