Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Roanoke…
- Sheamus has been working banged up lately but it’s unknown if that is why he was written off television on this week’s show. We’ve heard WWE plans to turn him heel and it could be part of that too.
- Triple H views Ryback as a “personal project” and wants to see if he can regenerate him as a top guy (was he ever a top guy?). Believe it or not, there has even been talk about Hunter returning to the ring to work with him.
- The members of Team Cena for Survivor Series weren’t finalized until over the weekend, which was pretty apparent with additions such as Erick Rowan. The plan all along was for the team members to get laid out throughout this week’s show and that element of the script was executed untouched.
- Cesaro has no creative direction. Company officials have gone back and forth on heel or babyface for him, which has literally played out on television. It’s very apparent if they ever plan to push him to the top it has to be now or never because he isn’t getting any younger and the top of the card has never been so depleted. Cesaro is well-like backstage but it’s just one of those things where Vince McMahon is all for it one week and then against it the next.
- Jey Uso had his shoulder iced up backstage and it’s something that is becoming more routine because of the Plancha spot where, “no one seems to catch him.”