Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Dallas, Texas…
- The opening segment with Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman, Seth Rollins, The Authority and John Cena went nearly six minutes over allotted time.
- Tyson Kidd took an inverted elbow to the jaw while on the apron during his match with Cesaro against The New Day. He was icing up backstage.
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar did not officially turn babyface, however, the company wanted to see how the crowd would react. This was not just done to sell the triple threat but to gauge interest. As I’ve stated on a number of occasions, the inclusion of Seth Rollins in the title bout [at Royal Rumble] really opens up their options and has made booking Lesnar a lot easier.
- Could Daniel Bryan going under to Bray Wyatt be a sign he’s tabbed to win the Royal Rumble? After all, that is classic WWE booking. While Triple H and Vince McMahon were reported to be in agreement earlier this month on Roman Reigns winning the match, the word out of Raw is that nothing is finalized.
- Vince McMahon is very happy with the way the crowd has responded to Sting, especially given the fact he’s never been featured on WWE television. Sting vs. Triple H is all but official for Wrestlemania 31 and has replaced any plan there was to do a match between Sting and The Undertaker. Hunter made it clear he wanted Sting, the seed was planted at Survivor Series and the next step forward was taken at Raw.
- I continue to hear negative things about The Ascension, even after the segment with the nWo, APA and The New Age Outlaws. WWE is clearly doing all they can to get them over but interest in them as heels continues to be tepid at best. Apathetic at worst.
- Daniel Bryan did not re-injure his arm at Raw, in fact a lot of people felt he looked very sharp. However, Bryan’s arm is not 100%.