There's been a lot of information following WWE's announcement that Randy Orton has been suspended for 60-days following his "second violation" of the WWE Wellness Policy. Many are questioning the number of strikes Orton actually has, so we were able to dig up the times Orton has been suspended from WWE.
- Randy Orton was first suspended in 2005 for testing positive for steroids but there was no Wellness Policy in place at the time. His push was toned down as punishment.
- On April 4, 2006 Orton was suspended by WWE for 60 days for "unprofessional conduct." Orton later explained the suspension in an interview where he said his conduct was unbecoming of a champion and that is something he would be when he returned. To cover for the suspension, an angle was done where Kurt Angle "broke" Orton's ankle during a grudge match. Orton later said he was suspended for smoking marijuana backstage. Bruce Prichard was the one who handled the suspension, which was Randy's second before the WWE Wellness Program was in play.
- On August 17, 2006 Orton was suspended for violating the WWE Wellness Policy, his "first strike" under the program. At the time, Orton was in a big feud and taken off shows but worked against Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam before missing another two weeks.
- On August 4, 2007 WWE suspended 11 workers, including Orton, who were using the Signature Pharmacy, an Internet prescription service, to obtain performance enhancing drugs. It was learned that Orton received shipments of Somatropin, Nandrolone and Stanozolol (HGH and anabolic steroids) from the service from September 2004 until the service was formally investigated in February 2007. The information was leaked to Sports Illustrated and ESPN, giving WWE a lot of unwanted publicity.
- Earlier this evening, it was announced Orton was suspended effective today for 60-days for his second strike under the WWE Wellness Policy although this is the third under the new Wellness policy. I'm told his recent test results revealed a form of Dianabol and traces of marijuana, thus resulting in the suspension.
In total, this is the fifth time Orton has been suspended by WWE and technically his third Wellness strike.
There's been a lot of information following WWE's announcement that Randy Orton has been suspended for 60-days following his "second violation" of the WWE Wellness Policy. Many are questioning the number of strikes Orton actually has, so we were able to dig up the times Orton has been suspended from WWE.Subscribe for full article
Get Access to Our Exclusive Content
Already subscribed? Log In