- While there was a lot of shock backstage at Survivor Series about the way Goldberg beat Brock Lesnar, it really died down this week at television. Most realize how the business works and that regardless of who is involved, fans have short memories.
- The way-too-early-to-think-about Wrestlemania 33 card is beginning to take shape. Right now, Vince McMahon hopes to do Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg in a rematch, John Cena vs. The Undertaker (but he is open to suggestions), Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor (this could also be Triple H, a match they wanted to do this year and Balor’s status uncertain due to his torn labrum) and Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal (confirmed). Vince likes to have an idea about Wrestlemania bouts late into the year prior and that was something he didn’t have last year, partly due to all the injuries. Obviously these plans are subject to change but they do give an idea of the current direction.
- The same concern continues to circulate in the back that they’re relying too much on part-time talent in guys like Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Undertaker and even John Cena. Some of the people that advocate for it will say these aren't part-timers but they’re attractions and they’re not as bad as the “internet makes them out to be.” While that’s true to a degree, none of these names are getting any younger and there still has to be a conscious effort put forth in establishing new stars.
- Cesaro has been much more vocal about wanting to be moved to Smackdown. He has even pitched ideas about possible trades, something that has been rumored since plans were changed at the last minute to send him to Raw instead of Smackdown.
- Shinsuke Nakamura is currently favored to win back the WWE NXT Championship in Japan next month but there is still no set plan for Samoa Joe to debut on the main roster. There is constant back and forth between Vince McMahon and Triple H about guys in NXT. Hunter wants to make sure the brand is stable, being that it’s also a touring entity and Vince wants as much talent as possible “reaching for the brass ring” on Raw and Smackdown.
- When Samoa Joe is eventually called up, Bobby Roode is expected to be one of NXT’s top heels.
- There are at least six names from Ring of Honor whose contracts are coming up and WWE is monitoring to sign them for NXT. Stay tuned but make sure you read this story about names WWE is already targeting.
We would like to encourage you to download our *FREE* pro wrestling and mixed martial arts news app! It's available in the Apple App Store and in Google Play. Once you download and love it, please submit a review! Thank you for your support!
- While there was a lot of shock backstage at Survivor Series about the way Goldberg beat Brock Lesnar, it really died down this week at television. Most realize how the business works and that regardless of who is involved, fans have short memories. Subscribe for full article
Get Access to Our Exclusive Content
Already subscribed? Log In