News and notes from WWE Money in the Bank...
- Sheamus winning the Money in the Bank ladder match was “option C,” as the plan for quite some time was for Roman Reigns to go over. There were discussions about Dolph Ziggler but we’re told it was Hunter that decided to put Sheamus over in the bout.
- Speaking of Triple H, he was behind some re-writes for the show that took place on Sunday afternoon. It’s particularly interesting they are going with Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt when considering Reigns pinned Wyatt clean on Raw two weeks ago and they were intent on turning Bray babyface. Hunter has pushed to turn Reigns heel but Vince McMahon isn’t on board.
- Both Vince McMahon and Triple H are in agreement on Kevin Owens in that he’s more than ready. Vince wanted John Cena protected and Hunter wanted a referee stoppage after the power bomb on the apron. The problem that has been created is that Owens can’t lose the rubber match without killing his momentum unless it’s due to outside interference (possibly Samoa Joe?).
- Some WWE officials felt the end of Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship was reckless. Everything was fine until the end and Ambrose took three powerbombs onto different surfaces within two minutes. Vince thought it should have ended with that but Triple H had the idea to utilize the title in the finish. It wasn’t necessarily a bad idea, foreshadowing the stealing of the title but the criticism was you can’t kill a guy and have him get up like that. That was a topic of disagreement backstage, not to mention it’s unknown where they go from here.
- Brock Lesnar is still expected back for WWE Battleground next month.