- The tag team of Tyson Kidd and Cesaro w/Natalya — the current WWE Tag Team Champions — are expected to get an official name soon. Company officials are pleased with their work and with Vince McMahon back on a tag team kick, it’s working out well so far.
- WWE realizes they’re under more pressure to deliver with their Divas. I heard a tag match is being discussed for Wrestlemania 31. I texted AJ Lee’sTweets to Stephanie McMahon to a couple of my sources and one commented, they guessed AJ wasn’t interested in coming back anytime soon. It’s a real delicate situation. While Vince has always liked AJ Lee, the litigation involving CM Punk complicates things. WWE cannot sue Punk, they already settled with him after the release of his contract. But they clearly think Dr. Chris Amann has enough to get a settlement of his own with his defamation lawsuit. However, I would be shocked if it actually went to trial.
As for Punk's response to his wife's Tweets, he Tweeted this after her initial remarks to Stephanie:
- Sheamus’ return to WWE is imminent and it could be as soon as next Monday’s Raw in Newark, New Jersey. He is currently the favorite to face Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 31 but that is not yet confirmed.
- The official announcement of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal rules out any type of ladder match involving NXT talent. It’s unknown if WWE will have an NXT match on the Wrestlemania 31 card at all and they could opt to put some of the workers in the battle royal. At this point it’s still a “wait and see” situation.
- John Cena vs. Rusev is expected to be a gimmick match for the WWE United States Championship at Wrestlemania 31.