- WWE World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles hurt his ankle worse than originally believed as it swelled up pretty badly the Monday after the pay-per-view. If he's not able to go on Tuesday, WWE may have to move someone over to Smackdown to add star power.
- Jim Ross and others are talking about John Cena stepping away from a full-time role in WWE to pursue other opportunities, something we brought to you many months ago. John has maintained that WWE will always be his first priority but that he's not getting any younger and there are other opportunities that he would like to pursue. While Cena is the ultimate professional and very loyal to WWE and Vince McMahon, he has been a little annoyed with how he's treated within the company. John doesn't believe that it's fair that guys like Brock Lesnar and Goldberg are paid a lot for very little and almost feels as though his loyalty is taken for granted. WWE is cooperating with Cena, even though they're not involved in many of his new projects but it has left Smackdown light on star power.
- There is a rumor circulating about turning The New Day heel and pushing Cesaro and Sheamus as strong babyfaces.
- Chris Jericho remains in negotiations with WWE for something more long-term. His latest deal is set to expire, however, they've extended him way beyond what he was originally supposed to work and want to keep him on given how well he has re-invented himself. Jericho is being viewed almost like Matt Hardy in that he's as hot now as he's ever been.
- Samoa Joe is believed to be on the brink of his main roster call-up. He's likely working his final dates with NXT.
- Jey Uso's recent ankle injury has done him no favors in changing Vince McMahon's mind on him that he's injury prone.
We would like to encourage you to download our *FREE* pro wrestling and mixed martial arts news app! It's available in the Apple App Store and in Google Play. Once you download and love it, please submit a review! Thank you for your support!
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles hurt his ankle worse than originally believed as it swelled up pretty badly the Monday after the pay-per-view. If he's not able to go on Tuesday, WWE may have to move someone over to Smackdown to add star power.Subscribe for full article
Get Access to Our Exclusive Content
Already subscribed? Log In