Below are some quick backstage notes, I hope all of our US readers are enjoying the holiday.
- Just to reiterate the direction as of this week, the plan is still to do either Triple H vs. Roman Reigns or Randy Orton vs. Reigns at SummerSlam, depending on whether or not Hunter decides to work. Reigns continues to be held in high regard.
- The current plan is for Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose to last until SummerSlam, if not longer. I don't expect a serious "cash in" from Rollins until the program is over but expect WWE to tease it.
- The Ascension is on the short list to be called up to the main roster. Vince McMahon is currently high up on having a deep and sustainable tag division. Something we all know that changes from week to week.
- There are long term plans to do Cesaro vs. Brock Lesnar, with Cesaro breaking away from Paul Heyman at some point on down the road.
- Charlotte is an NXT Diva on the shorter list of prospective call-ups. However, the Diva pool right now is "sink or swim." Something that has been more than clear with Emma and Paige.
- While WWE has enacted a hiring freeze, the developmental pond is still being re-stocked. Prince Devitt, KENTA and Kevin Steen are all on their way in. How long each will have to spend at the WWE Performance Center remains to be seen. As noted, Devitt doesn't want to waste away down there.
- Just to clear up any confusion, Sarah Backman, the real life wife of Bo Dallas, wasn't fired. She requested her release and it was granted. She would be welcomed back if she wanted to come back.