Backstage news and notes from WWE Survivor Series in Boston...
- The atmosphere backstage at Survivor Series on Sunday wasn't very positive. My source informed me there were a lot of tired workers, with many looking forward to getting a little bit of a break this week. It's been a grueling month after the extended overseas tour to come right back to the United States for TVs and a pay-per-view followed by another round of TVs.
- With that being said, both WWE workers and officials were negative about the pay-per-view itself. It was almost a situation of where the workers were blaming the writers and the writers were blaming the workers.
- Sheamus was backstage and in good spirits. One source joked about how it was obvious he was much better rested than the majority of the boys.
- There is a bit of a disconnect right now between Vince McMahon and Triple H. One observer says this is a reason for the lack of flow. It's not that they don't get along because they get along great, it's just they aren't seeming to put their ideas together. For example, Big E Langston is the guy Vince wants to push, while Hunter has his sights set on Roman Reigns.
- We're told CM Punk has been noticeably quiet lately. One observer says this is probably the smartest thing to do because given the string of bad shows, it's better to just pick his spots.
- Big Show's program with Randy Orton was seen as a flop and something that just didn't work. There was a lot of second-guessing including people wondering why Triple H didn't have a match with Daniel Bryan or even Big Show. Both had potential but now it's a moot point.