Tom's Tidings are exclusive news pieces from our very own Tom Fenton:
- Currently, unless there is a SIGNIFICANT dive in ratings or ticket sales, the plan is for Jinder Mahal to carry the WWE Title until the Royal Rumble in which he would drop it to Mr. America himself (not not Hulk Hogan, thank the Lord) John Cena.
- Shinsuke Nakamura is the current plan to win Money in the Bank, however, I'm sure this will change multiple times before the actual event.
- William Regal has been, and will be continuing, to scout Asia especially Japan. WWE knows it needs to get some up-and-coming talent for not only the WWE Network and marketability in those areas, but as well as to stop them from signing with New Japan while they are so young.
- ROH has very, very few current talent under long term or even short term deals. There are only a handful of guys under contracts through the end of the summer. The reasoning on this has more to do with Sinclair as they do not want the guaranteed money on their books.
- Marty Scurll's contract is a very, very interesting situation as Marty is signed through July 31st. Marty has the option in the deal to renew, but not ROH. NJPW and ROH are working together to get him under a new deal, however without long term deals in ROH currently are hard to come by it could maintain very challenging to get this complete at done.
Tom's Thoughts: This is a unmitigated disaster for ROH! You have one of the hottest up and coming talents in the business not locked up to a long term deal and yet as a company they are pushing him to the moon. They gave him the TV title run, had him join the Bullet Club and be the leader of the group basically all while not under a long term deal... Let's dig further he not only is on WWE's radar he IS their radar right now. Hey, ROH shocker for you the Marty secret is out! While I'm not making any certainties what I am saying is Marty is higher on WWE's radar than Cole, O'Reilly, and Strong were.
Zack Reacts: I HIGHLY doubt that Mahal will hold the championship for nearly 8 months. Vince just doesn't have the attention span for that. It's not that I'm not behind Mahal as champion, I'm always open to fresh blood at the top of the card, but it's just unlikely. If I had to guess I'd say Jinder drops the championship at SummerSlam. As for Nakamura winning Money in the Bank, I can't say I'm against the idea, however I'm not for it either. It's not that I don't think Shinsuke deserves a top spot, he absolutely does, but his main event spot is basically a guarantee. I like it when the Money in the Bank is used to elevate a guy who has been stuck in the mid-card. Sami Zayn would be a perfect MITB holder in my opinion. He just needs that little push to go from mid-card to main event.