Wrestlemania 30 Report - Day 1…
- WWE has already been hard at work at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome with the construction of the Wrestlemania 30 set. The set will carry a theme based around the city of New Orleans and exuberant efforts have already been made. This is not unusual as WWE routinely hires third party companies to design and construct sets for Wrestlemania. There was a situation last year where photos of the Wrestlemania 29 set leaked online and WWE wasn't happy about it. An early photo of this year's set is now online at this link.
- We confirmed last week that Vince McMahon desired a "surprise" for this year's show, noting it wasn't expected to be anything major but something fans could say they didn't see coming. One of themes for this year's show is the 30-year history of the event and WWE has reached out to past legends about appearing.
- Speaking of which, there are still four spots open in the 30-man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. I was told Rob Van Dam was a possible surprise but to not expect much more. RVD's return is imminent and something that has been under negotiation for months.
- While I'd never advise you to bet on pro wrestling, the early favorites for the four main events are in. The following odds are based on comprehensive bets placed prior to this week's episode of Monday Night Raw, however, are accurate as of March 31, 2014:
- Bray Wyatt (59.32%) over John Cena (40.68%)
- Undertaker (79.38%) over Brock Lesnar (20.62%)
- Daniel Bryan (66.67%) over Triple H (33.33%)
- Daniel Bryan (50.32%) over for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship followed by Triple H (24.52%), Batista (15.48%) and Randy Orton (9.68%)
The percentage of bets placed are in parenthesis.