- Richard heard from someone who was backstage at Smackdown that WWE Champion AJ Styles was set to see another doctor this week about his ailing left ankle but as we reported on Wednesday, he’s scheduled to be out another couple of weeks.
- There is fear that Zack Ryder injured a knee ligament on this week’s episode of Smackdown Live and if there is a tear, he could be out four to six months. Dot com covered the injury at this link, noting an initial examination revealed possible damage to his patella. If there is a fracture to the patella, the knee would have to be immobilized for a number of weeks and depending on the severity, could require surgery.
- Chad Gable came out of Smackdown with an injured ankle, the same one that has been giving him problems.
- Dolph Ziggler winning the No. 1 contendership to the WWE Championship is a stopgap for AJ Styles. According to a source, they have nothing else to do and one else to push. There continues to be talk about programming Styles against Undertaker and it’s something that is still in the longer-term plans but it’s going to be a while longer before it happens.
- John Cena will film his next movie, ‘The Pact,’ next spring and will take time away from WWE after Wrestlemania 33. As we’ve noted on a number of occasions, Cena is a part-time talent at this point. John was originally scheduled to work Survivor Series in November but was in no hurry to come back after WWE secured the services of Goldberg to face Brock Lesnar. It’s nothing against Goldberg personally it’s just that Cena knows he has options outside of WWE and feels his loyalty is taken for granted.
- Richard heard from someone who was backstage at Smackdown that WWE Champion AJ Styles was set to see another doctor this week about his ailing left ankle but as we reported on Wednesday, he’s scheduled to be out another couple of weeks.Subscribe for full article
Get Access to Our Exclusive Content
Already subscribed? Log In