- WWE ripped The Final Deletion: Hardy vs. Hardy for their New Day vs. Wyatt Family segment that aired on last night’s Raw. I heard last week even before Final Deletion aired that WWE was planning to rip it and sure enough, they ripped it to a T. Folks, this is the wrestling business and this is what happens. When there is something new and innovative it’s not a question of if it will be copied, it’s a question of when and whether or not it will work. I’ll have more in today’s Ask WNW but I will put both segments below so you can see them side by side.
- Here's what Matt Hardy, who essentially came up with the Final Deletion with Jeremy Borash, tweeted about it:
I see that the #GreatWar has become inter-promotional..
— #BROKEN Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) July 12, 2016
- The brand extension was officially set into motion on this week’s Raw, with Vince McMahon naming Stephanie McMahon the Commissioner of Raw and Shane McMahon the Commissioner of Smackdown. This will sound silly but there was intense debate about this behind-the-scenes. Vince originally wanted Shane “in charge” of Raw and Stephanie “in charge” of Smackdown but Stephanie and Triple H gave a lot of resistance about Stephanie being the “B-show.” I don’t know how they convinced Vince to go their direction but he did. This has been a topic of discussion for months and something we've covered extensively in our Members content.
- Here’s the updated WWE Battleground card following Raw:
* Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship
* Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
* Becky Lynch vs. Natalya
* John Cena, Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The Club
* The Miz (c) vs. Darren Young for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
* Rusev (c) vs. Zack Ryder for the WWE United States Championship
* Randy Orton will be featured in The Highlight Reel with Chris Jericho
- Monday was a busy day for John Cena as he finished up in Los Angeles at the rehearsals for The ESPYS and flew a private jet directly to Detroit for Raw. He commented this on Twitter, thanking the ESPYS writers: ”Huge thank you 2 the #ESPYS writers! Great, creative, hilarious group! Watch me f'up all their A stuff live @ESPYS!”
- WWE will tape this week’s episode of Smackdown, the final taped episode, tonight from the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Bob Backlund and Darren Young will appear in a MizTV segment. Young is primed for a midcard singles push heading into SummerSlam, so I wouldn't be shocked if he wins the IC title from The Miz at WWE Battleground. Sasha Banks and Dana Brooke will square off in a Raw rematch. We’ll have complete taping results later tonight here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- After this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw, WWE Champion Dean Ambrose & Sami Zayn beat Seth Rollins & AJ Styles when Ambrose hit Dirty Deeds on Styles, pinning him for the victory.
- TMZ Sports caught up with Mark Hunt, Brock Lesnar’s opponent at UFC 200, to talk about the UFC sale and the fight. Hunt said he had some complaints about the exemptions that Lesnar got but that he would like a rematch. Hunt said he “doesn’t think so” when asked if he would like to appear in WWE. The exemptions Hunt had complaints with were with Brock Lesnar's drug testing samples. While granted an exemption, Lesnar was tested by the United States Anti-Doping Agency as far back as April. He was tested a total of eight times, including five times in an eight-day period. We have everything you would ever want to know here in our Members content.
- Alberto Del Rio was recently in India doing promotional work for WWE. While there, he did an interview with Sportskeeda, where he was given the name of a WWE talent and he commented. Check it out - ”Shinsuke Nakamura: Amazing talent. Kevin Owens: strong wrestler (laughs and said he wanted to say something else). Dean Ambrose: One of his favorite opponents. Enzo and Big Cass: The best tag team at the moment. Seth Rollins: No comments. Sasha Banks: Beautiful girl. Bray Wyatt: One of his best friends”
- WWE Champion Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz, Bray Wyatt and Cesaro are all advertised for one post-SummerSlam WWE live event. The speculation of course is that these are WWE Draft spoilers but take them with a grain of a salt for now. WWE has to send out advanced promotional information to venues to sale tickets and while this could very well end up the roster of either Raw or Smackdown, this is just promotional information subject to change at this time.
- TNA Wrestling worked with Pop to move Impact back to Thursday nights for two reasons. One, Thursday is a more heavily watched night that Impact’s audience is used to watching and two, Smackdown is moving to Tuesday nights. This gave TNA the opportunity to get back to their original night and to avoid the competition.
Did you enjoy today’s Exclusive Update? Please consider leaving a tip…