Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) and Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) of Aftermath Radio on thescore.com and iTunes chat with former WWE Manager and current WWE employee "Downtown" Bruno Lauer (Harvey Whippleman). Highlights:
Talking about his association with WWE, what are his current duties with WWE today:
"I work behind the scenes, take care of all the details, whatever needs to be done for the television production and Pay-Per-Views, and I'm just happy do be doing it after 32 years in the business. Another way to look at it and how I describe it in my book would be 'WWE concierge.'"
* Sharing some funny stories about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, including buying him his very first car
* Explaining how he broke into the Memphis territory with Jerry Lawler and the lengths he went to get in touch with Lawler to finally land a spot in Memphis
* Sid Justice, Kamala, Mr. Hughes, and Giant Gonzales being the toughest guys he'd managed, all for different reasons
* Seeing Brodus Clay and Titus O'Neil as two Superstars that will really make an impact in the future in WWE
Does he feel the era of managers for WWE have passed, or would he love to see the era of managers for WWE return in the future:
"If it came back again, it would be brand new to a lot of people. I wouldn't want to (manage) cause I can't perform up to the capacity that I was able to do in my younger days. But yes I can definitely see it happening."
* Recalls about his car accident in 1994 that tragically took the life of referee Joey Marella and how that affected his future travel forever (trust issues with drivers, airplanes)
* Explaining the openness of his book "Wrestling With the Truth" and talking about crossing paths with individuals in the book he gave honest but less than favourable opinions on including Bruce Prichard, Mick Foley among others
To listen to the full podcast, click here.