SMACKDOWN! LIVE (06.06.17)
ROCHESTER, NY (Blue Cross Arena)
Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
Written by Brendan Wahl
The show began with the Women's Money in the Bank competitors (and James Ellsworth) in the ring and Shane McMahon making his entrance to join them. Shane revealed the bright white briefcase and went over the rules with the winner getting a shot at the Smackdown Women's Title anytime they want for an entire year. James told Shane not to mansplain the whole thing because Carmella is obviously going to win anyway. Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Natalya and Tamina each got their chance to speak as well before Women's Champion Naomi decided to make her way out to join the fray and says that even though she loved being the champion, she would've loved to have been in the match. The next interruption came from Lana, who FINALLY made her debut on the Smackdown brand and came down to the ring. Shane said that this really didn't work for him but Lana said that she would like to be added to the ladder match. The other competitors laughed it off and then Lana told Naomi she could beat her in a match. Shane told her to earn that opportunity so Lana became very upset and left the ring. Shane then said it was time for the 6-women tag team match.
1) The Welcoming Committee def. Becky Lynch, Charlotte & Women's Champion Naomi by pinfall in 10:54 when Tamina pinned Naomi with a superkick following interference from Lana.
Mojo Rawley told Shane that he's felt like a ghost lately on Smackdown by not making any appearances for a long while and reminded him that he's beaten WWE Champion Jinder Mahal. Shane then gave Mojo a match tonight against Jinder and if he is to win, he would earn a spot in Money in the Bank ladder match.
2) AJ Styles def. Dolph Ziggler by pinfall in 6:56 when he hit him with the Styles Clash.
Another edition of the Fashion Files ("Dumb On Arrival") featured Breezango confusing each other over the use of Colon/cologne. New Day then arrived in their office and asked for some help on a case. After some arguing over fashion choices, Fandango told them that they don't take bribes. However, Tyler Breeze was quick to accept the payoff. The New Day were awarded with some "intel" on The Usos and then backed out of the office awkwardly.
3) WWE Champion Jinder Mahal [w /Singh Brothers] def. Mojo Rawley in a non-title match by pinfall in 3:57 when he hit him with the Khalass. After the contest, Mahal cut a promo on facing Orton in his first title defense at Money in the Bank.
4) The New Day [w /Kofi Kingston] def. The Colons by pinfall in 7:11 when Woods secured the pinfall following the Midnight Hour. After the contest, Tag Team Champions The Usos interrupted and cut a promo on facing the New Day at Money in the Bank.
Sami Zayn cut a promo on the upcoming Money in the Bank match and mentioned that he's been picking up on all his opponents' characteristics. The only one he couldn't figure out is Shinsuke Nakamura so he will come back later to do commentary on Nakamura vs. Owens. Baron Corbin then interrupted and gave Zayn a cheapshot followed by a shot to the back with a ladder. He then rammed Zayn into a stack of ladders and decided to take over his commentary spot in the main event.
5) Shinsuke Nakamura def. United States Champion Kevin Owens in a non-title match by pinfall in 10:37 when he hit the Kinshasa. After the match, Baron Corbin jumped off commentary and laid out Nakamura with End of Days.