It is night two of the Superstar Shakeup. Who will make their way onto Smackdown! Live as new members of the roster now that the show has already lost Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss just to name a few.
Join us for live results & discussion at 8pm EST!
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (04.11.17)
BOSTON, MA (TD Garden)
Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
Written by Brendan Wahl
... and we started off strong with a suited and clean-shaven Kevin Owens with his United States Championship slung over his shoulder. He talked about how Canadians made for better athletes than Americans and said that the Montreal Canadiens beat the Boston Bruins every single time. Owens said that he could beat the hell out of anyone in the locker room and would be the new face of America. This brought about an interruption from Baron Corbin, who agreed that Kevin could beat up most of the locker room... except him. Corbin brought up how he beat up Ambrose that he ran to RAW and thus beat up Owens so bad that he ran to Smackdown. Mathematically, that made it so that Owens wouldn't be much of a problem for him and now he wanted a championship match. However, the next man to come over from RAW was Sami Zayn, whose arrival immediately made Kevin assure himself that this couldn't be real. Corbin told Sami that no one cared about him being on RAW but that was quickly broken up as well when AJ Styles came out next. He said that this is the house he built and he is STILL here. Daniel Bryan came out and said that the winner of Owens/Jericho at Payback would officially join the blue brand as the United States Champion. The winner of Styles/Sami/Corbin in a triple threat match tonight would be the #1 contender to that very title and face the winner of the Payback title match.
1) WWE Champion Randy Orton def. Erick Rowan by DQ in a non-title match in 3:41. Orton dominated the match until Bray Wyatt appeared on the big screen and taunted the champion. Rowan then rammed the steel steps into Orton's face for the DQ. He then laid out Orton with a full nelson slam to end the segment.
2) WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos def. American Alpha by pinfall to retain the titles in 8:51. Lots of very close near falls in this one and the crowd was hot throughout the entire match. One of the bigger spots in the match saw AA hitting the Usos with stereo belly-to-belly suplexes on the outside but the ending came when the Usos did a blind tag spot and then finished off Gable with a top-rope splash. After the match, Primo & Epico switched over to Smackdown to attack American Alpha.
3) Mojo Rawley def. Jinder Mahal by pinfall in 2:43. Rob Gronkowski got involved again and this time he threw beer all over Mahal. Mojo then got the win with a NASTY shoulderblock/forearm into the corner.
Shane McMahon came down to the ring to address the state of the women's division. Shane then brought out the entire women's division so that they could all welcome the newest addition from RAW. Smackdown Women's Champion Naomi, Natalya, Carmella (along with James Ellsworth), and Becky Lynch. Shane congratulates Naomi on her Wrestlemania victory but Ellsworth says that Carmella is the only reason people tune into this show. Naomi tells Carm to control her "side-chick." Shane then welcomed Tamina to Smackdown Live. The crowd was a bit upset about that but Shane then introduced the second addition: Charlotte Flair.
Sin Cara and Rusev are now on Smackdown Live.
4) Tye Dillinger def. Aiden English by pinfall in 2:21. Tye gets the win following the Tyebreaker.
Dolph Ziggler talked about how he decided to stay on the show... and then Shinsuke Nakamura interrupted him. Dolph questioned who he was so Shinsuke introduced himself amidst the cheers from the crowd. Dolph then tried to superkick him but Nakamura caught his foot and psyched him out, causing Dolph to bail to the back.
A video package focusing on Baron Corbin was shown.
5) AJ Styles def. Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin by pinfall in a triple threat match in 16:44. Corbin controlled much of the match but the momentum continued to sway between all three competitors throughout the contest. The finish came when Styles nailed Zayn with the Phenomenal Forearm for the three count.