WWE taped this week’s WWE Smackdown tonight from the Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island. Below are full results:
WWE Smackdown (Airing on SyFy):
* Teddy Long opens the show in the ring, and announces that tonight will feature a job evaluation by Vince McMahon. He says he will make sure that this week's Smackdown is the best episode ever. Booker T's music hits and Booker officially makes his return. Booker announces that he intends to take his job as General Manager of Smackdown back. Vince interrupts, and informs Teddy and Booker that only one of them can be General Manager. In order to decide, Vince wants to see what each man has to offer. Teddy announces that Curtis Axel will face Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental Championship, while Booker announces Alberto Del Rio vs. Randy Orton. Brad Maddox interrupts, and announces the Smackdown return of Rob Van Dam tonight. Vince announces that he has made his decision: the new General Manager of Smackdown is Vickie Guerrero. Vickie comes out and cuts a promo about how much she hates the WWE Universe for making her lose her job on Raw.
* Dolph Ziggler b. Jack Swagger w/ Antonio Cesaro & Zeb Colter. Cesaro & Colter were ejected mid-match for interfering. After the match, Ziggler cut a promo about how he should've dumped AJ Lee sooner.
* Backstage, AJ Lee goes crazy after watching Dolph Ziggler's promo. She trashes the backstage area before Big E Langston calms her down. He hugs her and they almost kiss before Langston stops and kisses her on the forehead.
* Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns vs. The Usos never happened due to Dean Ambrose running in and attacking The Usos. Mark Henry made the save and The Shield retreated.
* Daniel Bryan b. Wade Barrett by submission with the Yes Lock.
* Paul Heyman is the guest on the latest edition of MizTV. The Miz asks Heyman about Brock Lesnar's attack on CM Punk. Heyman tells Punk to "stay down" and says that Lesnar will attack if Punk shows his face again.
* Curtis Axel w/ Paul Heyman b. Chris Jericho to retain the Intercontinental Championship. After the match, Ryback took out Jericho with a Meathook Clothesline and Shellshocked.
* Damien Sandow comes to the ring for a promo. He denies that he screwed Cody Rhodes out of a win at WWE Money in the Bank and questions why Rhodes attacked him on Raw. He asserts that, despite the attack, he and Rhodes remain best friends, and invites him to the ring. Rhodes comes out, and Sandow says he forgives Rhodes. Sandow offers an olive branch by offering the job of guarding the briefcase to Rhodes. Rhodes attacks Sandow but Sandow escapes and runs away.
* Rob Van Dam b. Darren Young w/ Titus O'Neil
* Vickie Guerrero orders security to remove Teddy Long from the building.
* It is announced that The Big Show will return to Raw on Monday.
* Randy Orton b. Alberto Del Rio in a non-title match. Orton celebrates to end the show.