TNA executive vice president of licensing and international TV distribution Andy Barton was recently in India on a promotional tour along with Kurt Angle and Gail Kim. While there, he was interviewed by IndianTelevision.com. Below are the highlights:
- The article opened by claiming TNA had emerged as a "strong competitor" to WWE, drawing suspect to the piece's credibility.
- Barton discussed the importance of building a brand in India with WWE airing in the country for 15 years. He admitted WWE has a substantial lead over TNA but for every Home Depot there needs to be a Lowes.
- Barton claimed TNA has surpassed WWE in the United Kingdom and Germany, saying their show is watched by more people in comparison week in and week out.
- He talked about Ring Ka King and said TNA opened a wrestling school in India.
- Barton reiterated the company's commitment to international growth.
Click here to read the article in its entirety.