Triple H participated in a media conference call to promote NXT Takeover on Wednesday. Below are the highlights:
- Hunter talked about NXT becoming its own brand with the WWE Network but stressed the primary focus is to prepare talent for the main roster.
- Triple H talked about nervousness experienced by stars that get called up, specifically mentioning the work of Cesaro. He said Cesaro wasn't doing things on the main roster that he was doing in developmental and he pulled him aside and told him to do those things on Raw and Smackdown.
- Hunter believes that while Bray Wyatt has been "knocking it out of the park" for a while now, he's only scratched the surface of what he's capable of doing. He said Wyatt is just now becoming comfortable on the main roster.
- WWE is scouting international talent with Hunter specifically mentioning recent scouting of talent in Europe, Abu Dhabi and Brazil.
- Specifics were not given on the health of Christian or Rey Mysterio, however, Triple H said they are both recovering.
- Triple H wouldn't confirm that Tough Enough is returning but said they've discussed filming it at the WWE Performance Center.
- No comment was offered when asked about Prince Devitt and KENTA.
- Former NFL linebacker Shawne Merriman has been in talks with WWE.
NXT Takeover will take place Thursday from the campus of Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. We'll have complete live coverage here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.