WWE will tape Smackdown tonight in Hershey, PA but first, WWE Main Event will air live on the WWE Network.
Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger has been announced for Smackdown as well as an appearance by Triple H. Brooks Oglesby will host an "Open Thread" tonight where he will cover the Smackdown taping, in which he previews at this link.
CJ Blaze will host our Main Event "Open Thread" at 8 PM EDT where he'll lead up streaming live results above your discussion. Make plans to join us.
Today in Ask WNW, I discussed why Global Force Wrestling will fail if they try to compete with WWE out of the gate and take a look at when TNA's audience stopped growing. We looked at WWE Network subscriptions and overseas availability and examined the future of Undertaker. Also there are rumors I found a way to mention CM Punk. You have questions, I have answers.
- We reported all the way up until Wrestlemania 30 there was no talk of Brock Lesnar ending the streak. In the May 2014 issue of WWE Magazine, the publication gave their "31 Bold Predictions About Wrestlemania 31." Please see number 22:
- We have our first look at the prospective Global Force Wrestling talent roster. Check it out here.
- Colt Cabana opened up about CM Punk's sudden WWE departure and he didn't dissapoint.
- Bill Goldberg has finally admitted that he had informal discussions with Triple H about working Wrestlemania 30 this year. This is something that WNW Premium Members are already well aware of as we throughly followed efforts to get him on the show. At one point they were close on money but hung up on an opponent. Names mentioned to face Goldberg in the negotiations included Ryback and Roman Reigns.
- Hugh Jackman is scheduled to return to Raw next week in St. Louis. Jackman will be there to promote “X-Men: Days of Future Past” and will look to followup on his appearance a few years ago when he knocked out Dolph Ziggler. While announcing his appearance, Jackman had a back and forth on Twitter with Ziggler and Damien Sandow that you can read at this link.
- The Extreme Rules lineup has been updated following this week's Raw. Daniel Bryan will defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in an Extreme Rules match against Kane, The Shield will face Evolution, John Cena and Bray Wyatt will have their rematch in a steel cage, Big E will defend the IC title against either RVD or Wade Barrett, Paige will defend the Divas Championship against Tamina and Alexander Rusev will face R-Truth & Xavier Woods in a 2-on-1 handicap match. WWE Extreme Rules 2014 is Sunday, May 4, 2014 from East Rutherford, NJ.
- Last week’s episode of WWE Smackdown did an average viewing audience of 2,757,000 viewers on SyFy. The show led Friday’s original cable programming in the adults 16-49 demographic. Click here for more information.
- Condolences go out to Daniel Bryan as his father unexpectedly passed away. He worked Raw last night and is advertised for this week's Smackdown taping, however, WWE did an angle with Kane that could have given him some time off. The storyline is Bryan has a "stinger" after "being evaluated at a local medical facility."
- Below are the Most Watched Shows on WWE Network last week:
1. WWE Legends' House
2. Wrestlemania 30
3. Warrior's Greatest Matches
4. Warrior: The Ultimate Legend
5. WWE Main Event
6. Journey to WM 30: Daniel Bryan
7. Raw Pre-Show
8. WWE NXT
9. Legends of Wrestlemania: Warrior
10. Raw Backstage Pass
- This week's Total Divas viewership rebounded on Easter Sunday, garnering an average viewing audience of 1,390,000 viewers on E. We have more at this link.
- Steve Blackman is backstage at Smackdown. Here he is with Natalya.
- I thought this was funny. I got trolled in the comments.
- Jesse Neal talked more about his pay at TNA Wrestling compared to his pay at Walmart at this link. He also made it known that he's not a fan of Bruce Prichard.
- Bully Ray is looking to branch out into acting.
From May 2014 WWE Magazine pic.twitter.com/DWxmH6wbuP
— Richard Gray (@wnwdotcom) April 22, 2014
" data-show-count="false" data-size="large">Follow @wnwdotcom
If you want more insider news, more questions answered, more analysis and more WNW awesomeness, join WNW Premium. It's less than $0.20 a day and is worth every penny. We promise!