Update On Lawsuit Against Big Show/WWE Over Backstage Incident

Author:
Updated:
Original:

We reported in April 2013 here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com that former WWE staffer Andrew Green had filed a lawsuit against the company and The Big Show over a backstage incident at that year’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

That September, WWE attempted to transfer the lawsuit to federal court and their request was denied.

Earlier this week, Green filed two complaints against Show and WWE in Bridgeport Superior Court in Connecticut.

Below is an excerpt from an update by Courthouse News Services:

Andrew Green filed two complaints this week against Paul "The Big Show" Wight Jr. and World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. in Connecticut. Though Green had originally filed the case nearly two years ago in Arizona, the action he filed Wednesday in Bridgeport Superior Court notes that Wight agreed to personal jurisdiction in Bridgeport pursuant to the dismissal of the earlier case. Green apparently misfiled the same action Monday in Stamford.

CLICK HERE for the latest update.

According to court documents, Green claims another WWE producer told him to get an interview with Show after his match against Alberto Del Rio at Royal Rumble 2013 to be posted on the company’s official website and/or YouTube channel. Green says Show refused to do it until he said it was at the request of former creative head Eric Pankowski.

Green claims Big Show began using “profanely indecent language,” saying if he wanted an interview he would give him one. The complaint continued:

“Big Show toward Green enraged, shouting obscenities, and waving his fist in Green’s face. Big Show then grabbed Green by the collar and throat, striking Green in the face and backing him up against a trunk while declaring ‘You son of a bitch … Are you having fun right now … Don’t even come up to me again … I don’t give a shit who you are’.” (Ellipses in complaint.)

Show then requested a re-tape saying he would just walk away. Triple H requested a third take but Show said he didn’t think he would be able to do it because his emotions in the original shoot had been real. A third interview was shot but Pankowski ultimately decided to air the first interview.

Green claims he was unable to continue working for WWE after January 29th because he was uncomfortable working around Big Show and other wrestlers. He alleges in the complaint that WWE had previously “suspended or terminated Big Show’s employment because of his behavior, including his engagement in violent and/or unlawful and/or improper activities outside of the wrestling venue.”

CLICK HERE for the original article by Jamie Ross on CourthouseNews.com.

WNW Contacts - Send News, Email Richard Gray, Premium Support, Ask WNW.

Download our FREE App! Dirt Sheet for iPhone, Android and iPad.

Dirt Sheet

Related Articles