WNW's own Thomas Fenton was in attendance for WWE's final live event at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. Below are complete results:
1) United States Championship AJ Styles def. Kevin Owens
2) Tye Dillinger & Sin Cara def. Aiden English & Erick Rowan
3) Luke Harper def. Erick Rowan
4) Baron Corbin def. Sami Zayn
5) SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day def. The Usos & Breezango
6) Universal Champion Brock Lesnar def. Samoa Joe
7) SmackDown Women's Champion Naomi, Charlotte & Becky Lynch def. Carmella, Natalya & Tamina
8) Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura def. WWE Champion Jinder Mahal & Dolph Ziggler
9) John Cena def. Rusev in a Detroit Street Fight
">July 30, 2017
Tom noted that 80% of the concession stands were closed and the event only had 3 merch stands. The exclusive Brock Lesnar shirt was sold out before the show started. Because this was the last event at the Joe Louis Arena ever, a lot of speakers had already been removed, so it was hard to hear people on the mic. Workers shook hands and signed autographs right after the show, and doors to the arena were officially locked.
WWE Hell in a Cell will be a SmackDown-exclusive PPV this year on October 8th from the brand new Little Caesars Arena. Detroit is already putting in bids for an upcoming WrestleMania and Super Bowl.