WWE Main Event/Smackdown will take place tonight from the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Main Event will air live on WWE Network at 8 PM EDT and we'll have an "Open Thread" with streaming live results and your discussion. Main Event will be headlined by Sheamus vs. Bray Wyatt.
On Smackdown, Dean Amborse will defend the United States Championship against Alberto Del Rio & RybAxel in a 3-on-1 handicap match. Brooks will be covering Smackdown as its taped and previewed the show at this link. He'll also be hosting an "Open Thread," where he'll spoil the show for you and you'll have a chance to discuss the taping.
TNA Wrestling will hold another Impact taping tonight from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. They'll tape the other half of the 5/8 episode and likely the 5/15 show. Wrestling News World'sScott Brooks will be in attendance and will file a report upon the show's conclusion.
- Our top story of the day is details on a top name possibly bolting WWE next month. This former WWE Champion's contract is coming up and the company is faced with the realization that they could possibly leave. We also look at an issue that's causing major concern backstage in regards to pay-per-view bonus checks and how the situation has still not been addressed. This as talent are waiting for their Wrestlemania 30 bonuses. You can read now at this link. If you're not yet a WNW Premium Member, you'll be redirected to a Sign-Up page. Use the coupon code VIDEO10 for an additional 10% off.
- In today's Ask WNW, we look at WWE punting pay-per-view revenue, Evan Bourne's status, the principle of a worker making a gimmick (not the gimmick making the worker) and I give my opinion on the Extreme Rules lineup. You have questions, I have answers.
- I usually save my GIF for the end but check out this one I made of Ric Flair explaining past *wild* experiences in St. Louis during his promo before the Raw main event. I love 'Naitch.
- Additions to the Extreme Rules lineup include the first ever Wee-L-C Match on the Kickoff, featuring Hornswoggle vs. El Torito, Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger vs. RVD in a triple threat and Big E vs. Bad News Barrett for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. I posted the complete updated lineup at this link.
- Mick Foley is tired of John Cena selling stuff.
- The kids that sang for Bray Wyatt during the segment with John Cena on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw were students from the Ladue Schools High School choir and fifth graders from Shaw Visual Performing Arts Elementary.
- WWE Extreme Rules will not be available on DirecTV, Dish Network or AT&T U-verse. The Motley Fool looks at how this could actually be a good thing and entice people to order the WWE Network but notes the audience hasn't been as receptive to the change than they expected, citing the high domestic Wrestlemania 30 buy number of 400,000. Click here for their article.
- Rey Mysterio, who was listed on WWE's internal injury report a couple of weeks ago, has been vacationing in Hawaii. He noted on social media that he was at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT on Tuesday.
- Curtis Axel has named his new finisher The Axehole. Rosa Mendes has named her new finisher Rosa's Thorn.
- WWE Survivor Series 2014 will take place on Sunday, November 23, 2014 from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Raw's audience was up big, as the show did an average viewing audience of 4,610,333, up 471,000 viewers from the week prior. Hours of 4.512, 4.667 and 4.652. We have more at this link.
- After Raw went off the air, John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt was the dark match main event. The bout ended in disqualification after interference from The Wyatt Family. Cena ended up hitting the Attitude Adjustment on all of them to send the crowd home happy.
- WWE announced they'll have an Extreme Rules post-show immediately following the event on the WWE Network on Sunday. That's 4 1/2 hours of programming for those counting (a half hour before, three hours for the show and an hour post-show).
- Below are the Most Watched Shows last week on WWE Network:
1) Legends House (Episode 2)
2) Raw Pre-Show
3) Legends House (Episode 1)
4) Wrestlemania 30
5) Raw Backstage Pass
6) WWE Main Event
7) WWE Slam City
8) WWE Hall of Fame
9) Warrior: The Ultimate Legend
10) WWE NXT
- Harley Race was in attendance at this week's Raw in St. Louis.
- The Total Divas audience took a bit of a hit, posting an average viewing audience of 1,141,000 viewers on E. We have a look back at the audience for every show since its premiere last summer at this link.
- Adam Rose will debut on next week's episode of Monday Night Raw from Albany, New York. You can watch the final hype vignette from this week at this link.
- The main event for TNA's June 15, 2014 Slammiversary pay-per-view was announced on Tuesday evening at Impact.
- We're told former WWE NXT worker Kenneth Cameron has a contract with TNA Wrestling. We do not have details on his ring name as of press time but will have more in our Impact spoilers later in the evening.
- TNA is advertising Willow vs. James Storm for this week's episode of Impact.
- Brooke Tessmacher wanted you to know why she had a breast revision.
If you want more insider news, more questions answered, more analysis and more WNW awesomeness, join WNW Premium. It's less than $0.20 a day and is worth every penny. We promise!