Welcome to this week's WWE Raw "Open Thread" featuring streaming live results and your discussion from the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon.
WWE Raw Results
Monday, February 6, 2017
From the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon
Report by Richard Gray of WrestlingNewsWorld.com
Last week recap: Footage of Triple H and Seth Rollins from the past and Samoa Joe making his debut, attacking the former 'face of WWE.'
The show opened with Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley in the ring behind a table. Foley said he was introducing the hottest free agent signing. He looked at Stephanie and asked her how he was supposed to say it. Foley hoped Hunter was happy but he's not. He introduced Samoa Joe.
Samoa Joe came to the ring in a suit. Corey Graves talked him up as one of the 'baddest men on earth.' Stephanie built Joe up by noting he's won titles all around the world. Foley encouraged him to go ahead and signed and Stephanie questioned his lack of enthusiasm. Foley admits he's a fan of Joe but not a fan of how he got his contract or who he's associating himself with.
Joe explained it's taken him 18 years to get into a WWE ring. Joe said if loyalty means beating up Seth Rollins and putting him on the shelf, so be it. Joe put the entire locker room on notice. He signed his contract and Roman Reigns came out to a course of boos from the live crowd.
Roman challenged Joe to threaten him. Foley ended up booking Reigns vs. Joe for later in the night. They continued a verbal confrontation off the mic.
Later tonight: Goldberg responds to Brock Lesnar.
Backstage, Sheamus, Cesaro and Bayley were show. Up next, it's Bayey vs. Nia Jax.
Facts: Tonight is the 1,237th episode of WWE Raw. Charlotte will defend the WWE Raw Women's Championship against Bayley next week in Las Vegas.
1) Nia Jax pinned Bayley in 9:30. The finish saw Charlotte come to the ring and argue with the referee. Bayley knocked her off the apron but this allowed Jax to hit a Samoa Drop and pin her for the victory.
Later: Chris Jericho will defend the WWE United States Championship and of course Samoa Joe's Raw debut match against Roman Reigns.
On Smackdown: WWE Champion John Cena vs. Randy Orton
2) Braun Strowman beat TC Bonus, Rob Kelly, Dusty Wallace and James Stock in 1:55 in a handicap match.
Backstage, Strowman told Foley he wants everyone. Mick booked him against Roman Reigns for a match at Fastlane and Strowman walked off.
3) Akira Tozawa beat Drew Gulak in 3:40. Tozawa hit a German suplex and followed it with the pinfall victory. After the match, Brian Kendrick got in the ring and shook Tozawa's hand. Austin Aries was on commentary.
WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens and WWE United States Champion Chris Jericho came out for a promo. Jericho put Tom Brady on the list for stealing his GOAT nickname and called him a stupid idiot. Jericho suggested he and Owens face one another in a champion vs. champion match at Wrestlemania 33. Goldberg's music hit.
Goldberg came out and said he's never turned down a fight and accepted Brock Lesnar's challenge for a match at Wrestlemania 33. Owens said that was smart and it will be the perfect undercard match for KO Mania II.
Golberg told KO the reason he was the longest reigning Universal Champion because he's never faced him. He challenged him to a match at Fastlane. Jericho asked Goldberg if he knows what happens to people who make their own matches. As he was going to put him on the list, Goldberg took it from him and wrote on the list before giving the pen back to Jericho. He told the fans he just made the list.
Jericho told Goldberg he had a fat mouth and he's never liked him. Jericho told him if he wants a match at Fastlane against KO... he's got one. Owens wasn't happy and Jericho told him that Goldberg can't talk to him like that. Goldberg told Owens that it looks like he and the Universal title are who is next.
Backstage, Owens wanted to know how Jericho could put him in that match against Goldberg. Jericho said he's always had KO's back. Owens said accepting a match with that maniac doesn't qualify as having his back...
4) WWE Raw Tag Team Champions Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson defeated Sheamus and Cesaro by DQ in 9:00. The match was thrown out when Big Cass booted Luke Gallows in the head.
Michael Cole announced that Seth Rollins tore the MCL in his knee and his participation at Wrestlemania 33 is in serious doubt.
5) The New Day defeated The Shining Stars after Xavier Woods hit the Midnight Hour and got the pinfall victory.
Backstage, Charly Caruso interviewed Jericho. Will his issues with Kevin Owens distract him with his match against Sami Zayn? Jericho called last week a fluke and said best friends have minor disagreements at times. KO came into the screen and Charly walked off. Jericho told Owens he had his back. Owens said he knows that and he'll beat Goldberg and leave as champion and Jericho will walk out of Raw the US Champion.
WWE cued up the Hall of Fame video package for The Rock-N-Roll Express Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson. We brought you the news earlier in the day and spoiled it over the weekend.
6) WWE United States Champion Chris Jericho w/Kevin Owens beat Sami Zayn in 9:45 to retain. KO ran interference and superkicked Zayn, which allowed Jericho to hit the Codebreaker and get the three count. They celebrated together after the match.
Austin Aries called out WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville to the ring. No one scares Neville. Cedric Alexander, Noam Dar and TJ Perkins came out in that order. A brawl ensued and Aries exited the ring.
Next week: The Makeover of Emma to Emmalina
7) TJ Perkins, Jack Gallagher, and Cedric Alexander beat Tony Nese, Noam Dark, and Neville in 4:30. The finish saw Perkins hit the Lumbar Check on Dar and pin him.
Backstage, Chris Jericho and KO want to show the world their unbreakable bond.
Samoa Joe attacked Roman Reigns when he made his entrance to the ring. Joe sported red and black shorts and slammed Reigns's head on the ring apron, threw him into the barricade and delivered a clothesline for good measure. Michael Cole questioned if the match would even get underway.
8) Samoa Joe defeated Roman Reigns in 9:56. The match finally got underway with Samoa Joe unloading on Roman Reigns. The crowd was tough on Reigns, with boos when he landed offense and chants of "Roman sucks." Reigns hit some offense and eventually Braun Strowman came out. Reigns hit him with a Superman punch that didn't do anything. He hit another and Strowman went from the apron to the outside (but landed on his feet). The distraction allowed for Joe to hit Uranage and secure the pinfall. The fans chanted 'Thank you, Strowman.' Braun continued to attack Reigns after the match. He finally let up and referees came out to check on Reigns as the show faded.